[askdba] Re: [dba_gurus] doubt in pfile and spfile

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Raja Nagendiran <na_rajaa@xxxxxxxxxxx>, dba_gurus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 20:19:21 -0800 (PST)

Pfile  can be   initxxx.ora that is  Text / Asci form and the SPfile is in the
Binary form to start the database.  You can create spfile from  initxxx.ora
file and vice versa. at a time you will use one to start the database, either
spfile or the initxxx.ora file,   in the pfile path.

Hope I am able to explain the difference.

Nisar Tareen

Raja Nagendiran <na_rajaa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hai
i'm new for oracle. if any one give me diff. between
pfile and spfile, in what situation we will use this
both files.

thank you.

regards
raja.n