[askdba] Re: [dba_gurus] Re: help needed

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Amit Jain <jain_amitkumar3112@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 14:28:22 -0800 (PST)

Amit,

Get the transaction for that table from the log miner  use those transaction in
insert and update the table which is droped. Note this will not give all the
records in the table.

So First you get the basic table and then insert / update the records
extractred from Log miner for that table
Good Luck.

Nisar Tareen

Amit Jain <jain_amitkumar3112@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Nisar,

Suppose accidently I have dropped one table from my database. Can I recover
this table using the logminer utility?

I have tried this utility to recorver the table/table data dropped, but I don't
find anything in the v$sql_contents table for the dropped table sothat I can
recover it.

Thanks

Amit

Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Vijay,

If you have  9i  Server Version Disks,   EnterPrise Manager is on those disks
and you can install it and  Logminer is a part of it.

Else set it as following

You direct LogMiner operations using the DBMS_LOGMNR and DBMS_LOGMNR_D PL/SQL
packages, and retrieve data of interest using the V$LOGMNR_CONTENTS view, as
follows:

Specify a LogMiner dictionary.

Use the DBMS_LOGMNR_D.BUILD procedure or specify the dictionary when you start
LogMiner (in Step 3), or both, depending on the type of dictionary you plan to
use.

Specify a list of redo log files for analysis.

Use the DBMS_LOGMNR.ADD_LOGFILE procedure, or direct LogMiner to create a list
of log files for analysis automatically when you start LogMiner (in Step 3).

Start LogMiner.

Use the DBMS_LOGMNR.START_LOGMNR procedure.

Request the redo data of interest.

Query the V$LOGMNR_CONTENTS view.

End the LogMiner session.

Use the DBMS_LOGMNR.END_LOGMNR procedure.

You must have been granted the EXECUTE_CATALOG_ROLE role to use the LogMiner
PL/SQL packages and to query the V$LOGMNR_CONTENTS view.

above from  (Oracle Database Utility ) ref. for furthur information.

Nisar Tareen

vijay k singh <kush0812@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Nisar Tareen,

i want to know about Oracle Management Server...Installation etc. where i can
get this. bcox i want to use the logminer utility

kinldy help me from where i can get these details about it. I m using Oracle 9i
R2 version

thanks

vijay k.s. kushwah