[askdba] Re: [dba_gurus] Re: Export error ..

  • From: Chirag DBA <ChiragDBA@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ramana Kumar <ramana_76@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 19:54:13 +0530

itis a simple command ramana.. n now she has asked client to give
command and start backup on production server.. bu.. BUT.. BUT.. BUT
now they are unable to take backup even on production server.

So I suggest her to start taking hot backup n keep her old backups
ready in case if anything goes wrong...

 - Chiku

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 07:20:15 -0700 (PDT), Ramana Kumar
<ramana_76@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>=20
> As stated by Nisar... there should not be any problem in imp from the low=
er level to higher level. Is it a full database exp dump and doing a full d=
atabase imp... can u provide the exact command used.
>=20
> -ramana
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Normally,  from the lower level to higher level export there should be no=
 problem.  I had done this and worked fine for me.