[askdba] Re: Stby DB Backup failed

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:00:16 -0800 (PST)

Sorry to hear this,  but the DBA is on leave, for sure you can Phone him.
Pleae study the recovery procedure and look for the deleted archive log file in
the backup some where, I  am sure you can find it.

Else painfull but the Production is still good,  take a new back up as a base.
the delay , God forbid can put  real issue on your hand.

Take a Fresh Cold Base Backup soon, do not waite for your DBA  or the solution.
run man. run......

But the best solution is use  inhouse scripts.

Nisar tareen