[askdba] Re: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

  • From: Chirag DBA <ChiragDBA@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 16:00:51 +0530

I got it. I get it done .

I have created a view first n then inserting the data to temp tables
from a view.
 create view icare_users_info
(oprid,lastname,firstname,department,location,provider_grp_name)
 as
(
select a.oprid
, c.last_name
, c.first_name
, e.descr
, d.descr
, h.name1
from psoprdefn@icaeurp1 a
, psopralias@icaeurp1 b
, ps_rd_person_name@icaeurp1 c
, ps_location_tbl@icaeurp1 d
, ps_dept_tbl@icaeurp1 e
, ps_rb_worker@icaeurp1 f
, ps_rf_grp_member@icaeurp1 g
, ps_rf_provider_grp@icaeurp1 h
where a.oprid = b.oprid
and b.person_id = c.person_id
and f.person_id = b.person_id
and f.location= d.location
and f.deptid = e.deptid
and g.person_id = b.person_id
and g.provider_grp_id = h.provider_grp_id
)

CREATE TABLE icare_profile_users
(
  OPRID              VARCHAR2(270 BYTE),
  LAST_NAME          VARCHAR2(270 BYTE),
  FIRST_NAME         VARCHAR2(270 BYTE),
  DEPARTMENT         VARCHAR2(270 BYTE),
  LOCATION           VARCHAR2(270 BYTE),
  PROVIDER_GRP_NAME  VARCHAR2(360 BYTE)
)

insert into icare_profile_users select * from icare_users_info;

This is amazing guys. DB Link has some problem with direct table
access, n loves views.
Database is our internal HP Database, so there is no connectivity problem.

Anyway, important is I get it done. Thank you all.

 - Chirag