[askdba] Need help about networking

  • From: "Subodh Deshpande" <subodh_deshpande@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 09:39:58 -0500

Dear all,

am supposed to review our present netowrk and infrastructure faclites provided
for our development team size of nearly 100-150 oracle profesionals.

can some of you inform me what are the different types of network faciliteis
provided, how the access to internet being monitored without affecting the
on-going development work,especially if development platform is microsoft.

at this moment we have 2 production database server, 1 qc database server, 1
production application server along with developer suite.. one mail server
these all are linux server

developers and testers use 6i, 9i oracle forms and ms office for their work. 6i
will be used for a short period say 2/3 months or only for support, everybody
will be moving to 9i only

apart from this we have a PDC plus dot net server which is NT a machine.

we want to give access to intenet based on the nature of work..so what type of
network we should use..

I want to know how the access and security policies used at various development
centers...i do not have that much indepth knowledge about this..

kindly help..I will appreciate every view.

Good Luck..Subodh Deshpande

Experience Is Knowledge
Wisdom Is Philosophy

once.