[askdba] How to load & extract an Image(TIF) file into/from Oracle-BLOB?

  • From: Thiagoo <thiagoodba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dba_gurus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 15:44:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I want to load few image files into Oracle BLOB columns and later would Iike to
extract it & write in a file.

How to load & extract an Image(TIF) file into/from Oracle-BLOB?, am using
dbms_lob.loadfromfile() to load into Oracle.

I'm retrieving thru dbms_lob.read and writing using utl_file.put, I'm not able
to write in a file.

How can I retrieve this..?When I try to retrieve it say File Handle error.

If this image file operation is successful, I have few Word/Execl files to
follow-on!

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated!

TIA,

Best Regards,

THIAGU

Yahoo! Mail Mobile