[askdba] Re: DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS - HELP

  • From: "Pepling, Todd C." <tpepling@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 08:05:26 -0500

Wait a minute!  So the database was running with db_block_buffers=0?  Do you
also have any of the following set:

  db_2k_cache_size
  db_4k_cache_size
  db_8k_cache_size
  db_16k_cache_size
  db_32k_cache_size
  db_cache_size
  db_keep_cache_size
  db_recycle_cache_size

?  You may have an issue with conflicting parameters.  I don't know if
that's possible or not, but given the database was running, you changed one
parameter, bounced, and it failed to start, that's the first area I'd
research.