[askdba] 10g OAS deploy under other user than oracle.

  • From: "Dan Petric" <petricdan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 09:28:40 +0300

Hi list.
I have a question regarding deploy on App Server 10g.
I installed the App server (Infrastructure + J2EE and WebCache) on a
linux machine, under the oracle user. This oracle user is member in dba
group (usuall dba group) and in oracle group (created by installer, i
supose in place of oinstall group, which I skip at the start).
Our java guys needs to deploy on OC4J using maven, so they want to call
dcmctl utility from scripts. Every thing is ok if they do this under
oracle user (wich installed the whole stuff). The problem is that they
must do the job under other user on the linux machine.
What privileges this user needs? because at the first try, a lot of
errors raised, all permission related e.g. cannot write in logs, cannot
execute dcmctl, cannot read jar's.
Must be an user in same group with  oracle user?

Regards
Dan.