[asi_xc] Re: Soaring

  • From: Omri Kalinsky <omri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: asi_xc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 08:46:45 -0700

I just texted Gene personally (since he ends up doing most weekday towing anyway), maybe he'd be willing to tow. I'm not too worried about the cloud cover, according to the GFS forecast, most of the clouds will be high, the lower clouds will probably be scattered. Sure hope we get a towpilot, it was already a waste of a good wave day Sun and I have another commitment I can't back out of this Sat and Im jonesing to fly big time.

On 9/17/19 8:25 AM, Brian S. wrote:

The cloud cover may be an issue Wed early in the day. Looks good other than that. Still no tow pilot ?

I would cancel my dentist appointment Wed if a tow pilot was signed up. Getting too late to do that now.

Fly Safe, Brian

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 9:16 AM JAMES HAMILTON <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Change of plans for me.  I will have to pass on flying this week. 
    Maybe this coming Saturday.

    JLH
    H4

    On Monday, September 16, 2019, 09:10:19 AM PDT, Omri Kalinsky
    <omri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:omri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:


    I've been looking at that the past few days. I just put up a towpilot
    request on the schedule. Brian, I'm seeing about the same wind
    forecast
    on XCSkies and Windy, should be a good day.

    Happy Soaring,
        Omri

    On 9/16/19 8:46 AM, Brian S. wrote:
    > Another possible wave day coming up Wednesday.
    >
    > Thursday looks like our post frontal day for thermal soaring  but
    > cloud bases  are only about 10k feet. Not much to get excited
    about..
    >
    > Fly Safe, Brian



Other related posts: