[asi_xc] Re: Soaring

  • From: "Brian S." <bfstvns@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: asi_xc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2019 19:17:47 -0700

Ramy posted this on RAS. Proposed MOA around Mt Patterson.

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2019/october/02/comments-urged-on-california-airspace-proposal?utm_source=epilot&utm_medium=email


I sent a response with my tracker history for last summer.

I will be taking my ship home later in the week.

Fly Safe, Brian

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 8:42 AM Omri Kalinsky <omri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For Tue, I'm seeing winds at 18k of just a bit over 20 knots, almost due
west. Winds don't look strong enough to ridge soar your way into the
wave down low. Thermals look like 12k or 13k by mid afternoon, but I'm
not seeing any clouds forecast in XCSkies. I'll reevaluate in a few
days, but it if looks about the same, I don't think it's worth it for me
to take time off for.

Happy Soaring,
     Omri

On 10/5/19 8:11 AM, Brian S. wrote:
Tuesday looks like a mix of thermals and weak wave with a few clouds
mixed in . Not sure if it is worth a tow pilot request.

Later in the week another front will trail thru. Too soon to get a
forecast.

Fly Safe, Brian



Attachment: ScreenHunter_290 Oct. 05 18.22.jpg
Description: JPEG image

Other related posts: