[asi_xc] Re: Soaring

  • From: Omri Kalinsky <omri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: asi_xc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2019 08:42:00 -0700

For Tue, I'm seeing winds at 18k of just a bit over 20 knots, almost due west. Winds don't look strong enough to ridge soar your way into the wave down low. Thermals look like 12k or 13k by mid afternoon, but I'm not seeing any clouds forecast in XCSkies. I'll reevaluate in a few days, but it if looks about the same, I don't think it's worth it for me to take time off for.

Happy Soaring,
    Omri

On 10/5/19 8:11 AM, Brian S. wrote:

Tuesday looks like a mix of thermals and weak wave with a few clouds mixed in . Not sure if it is worth a tow pilot request.

Later in the week another front will trail thru. Too soon to get a forecast.

Fly Safe, Brian