[asi_xc] Re: JLH (Jimmy Hamilton) IS ON BOARD

  • From: Omri Kalinsky <omri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: asi_xc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 22:07:59 -0700

XCSkies NAM is saying both Fri and Sat should have a good amount of clouds, but cloudbases will be pretty low with showers but mostly over the Sierras and way out east. I doubt I can swing Friday, but unless the forecasts change I'll be there Saturday. Happy to see that within one day of it's inception the mailing list is already getting use.

Happy Soaring,
    Omri

On 5/22/19 7:31 PM, David Volkmann wrote:

I'll be there!

David

On May 22, 2019, at 7:21 PM, Brian S. <bfstvns@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:bfstvns@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I am still planning to fly Friday. It looks like the next approaching cold front arrives late afternoon Friday shutting things down. Note the increase in wind and cloud cover about mid afternoon. Hoping to get a good 3 hours of soarable weather and that the front arrives later than forecast. Not good prospects for flying XC .  Any one else coming ?

Saturday sure looks like a washout.

Fly Safe, Brian YS

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 6:22 PM Larry Suter <ljsuter@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:ljsuter@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    You sure? I've been looking at the Sierra RASP,
    https://rasp.nfshost.com/sierra-nevada/  , for the past few days
    and been thinking that Friday looks promising and Saturday might
    be a good local day. In any event, I'm bringing my glider and RV
    to ASI tomorrow to get staged for the camps and hope to fly a bit
    Friday and Saturday.

    Larry
    FP

    On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 12:57 PM JAMES HAMILTON
    <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Looks like no weather worth soaring for the next 6 or 7 days :(

        JLH
        H4

<ScreenHunter_191 May. 22 19.03.jpg>

Other related posts: