I don't know about all of you but I am a bit panicky about the Nashik training.
While everybody is handling respective segments I don't see anybody handling
the Macro picture. We require at least a team of 4-5 focusing on that for the
next ten days to ensure that we are well prepared to cover most of the critical
areas (that's all the time we have). Trying to list these. (do add if I missed
out something imp).
- Number of teachers and accordingly number of sections. This seems to be a
roller coaster ride. This morning Madhav and Uma shared that one of the PO
files that could not be opened has now been converted and has 120 teachers. So,
can we know the final numbers by the night and take some calls tomorrow. As off
now we would have five-six sections.
- Time table - This is partially dependent on the first one, but it might
not be a bad idea to have a TT outlined assuming six sections. Knocking off a
section is easier than adding.
- Chapters to be done - Do all of us know this list? Have all these chapters
been translated, vetted and lay-outed so that these can be used in the
- Resource Persons and resource teams. - Does anybody have a consolidated
update? Do we have sufficient numbers? Have we formed teams. Have those teams
started preparing together?
- Kit requirement - Do we have the lists? Who is going to collect the
material? Has anybody talked to Sonu if he is supposed to do that? Who is going
to handle kit room in Nashik?
- Orders by Tribal dept - for AS teachers and some resource persons. A
tedious task that needs to be done within next 2-3 days.
- Registration processes/forms and materials - Need to have a proper
registration form so that we capture all the necessary data during the
training. Stationery and other materials to be given - to be decided and
- Evening/Night sessions - Have these been planned? Who all would be
So, my suggestion is the Madhav, Uma, Anish and Nitika should focus on these in
close coordination, with info to the entire freelist group. Akanksha is
handling the Dharni front and the AFSPs in a situation where schools are not
accessible because of exams. We also need to figure out if there are others who
can handle specific components/tasks to relieve some pressure.
In addition to these, following need to be done in parallel.
- Finalising the online test paper and conducting the test within next 3-4
- Shortlisting of RA and AFSP on the basis of online test, so that we get
at least a few who can be inducted right away and can be invited for Nashik.
- Collation and Compilation of baseline data - for the schools that have
been covered in March.
- Translation of chapters that we need to form part-1 of the material for
students when new session starts.
I am also feeling pressured because this is the time when we have to handle
most of the 15-16 donor agencies that support Eklavya, along with explorations
with some new in lieu of the initiatives that have been completed. Still, I
will try to pitch in to the extent one can.
So, please, all hands on deck!!ThanksRajesh
E-10, Shankar Nagar BDA Colony
Shivaji Nagar, Bhopal - 462 016
Ph: (755) 246 3380 (R) 246 5397