Ankush has suggested some topics for his talk. Which one would you like to
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ankush Gupta <ankushiitk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: Nashik ATC Eklavya Training
To: Uma Sudhir <uma.eklavya@xxxxxxxxx>
For Lecture on Environmental Science in the coming training, these are
possible topics on which I can talk. Please suggest which topic would be
appropriate and I should prepare on.
1) Sanitation ( Human excreta- what it is, Sewage, Toilets, Sewage
treatment plants, rivers, Manure, Compost)
2) Compost Organisms (Role of different organisms- bacterial, fungi,
actinomycetes, works, insects, large animals; methods of composting-
Aerobic, anaerobic composting, vermicomposting, Indore/Bangalore methods,
3) Rivers (Different parts of a river, and flow regimes, its relationship
with groundwater, aquifers and aquitards)
4) Water Quality parameters (Coliforms, TDS, EC, Cl-, Sand filters and
other purification processes)
5) Lantana Camara (The beautiful weed) and its Effects on lives of humans,
animals, and plants in India.
6) Antibiotics as Growth Promoters (The rampant use and abuse in India)-
Relationship with advanced methods of agriculture/animal husbandry and The
Also is there a projector facility there and I can use a powerpoint or
should I prepare for a Blackboard talk?