[ascct] You are invited to an Upcoming Class in Baltimore: Revolution in Toxicology 101!

  • From: Jamie DeRita <jderita1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ascct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ascct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 19:31:32 +0000

Upcoming Class in Baltimore: Revolution in Toxicology 101

February 24-25, 2015
Mt Washington Conference Center
5801 Smith Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21209

REGISTRATION IS NOW
OPEN!<http://caat.jhsph.edu/programs/workshops/Rev_in_tox101/tox_reg.html>
Toxicology is undergoing revolutionary change in the early 21st century.

It's not easy, however, to achieve an overview of these changes. Consider, for
instance:

  *   What's the difference between TT21c, Tox21, Tox-21c, and EDSP21?
  *   What is the difference between an AOP and a PoT?
  *   What distinguishes ToxCast from the Human Toxome or the Human Toxicology
Project Consortium?
  *   What is ITS compared to IATA?
  *   When is a review systematic and a conclusion evidence-based?

We are offering a unique opportunity to learn in a classroom setting from
people closely involved in implementing these changes. Give us 28 hours of your
time and you will leave with a comprehensive understanding of the rapidly
changing field of safety sciences.

You will learn from experts at the leading edge of toxicology:

  *   Mel Andersen, The Hamner Institute
  *   David Dix, EPA
  *   Thomas Hartung, Johns Hopkins
  *   Martin Stephens, Johns Hopkins

Start: Tuesday, February 24th at 11am
End: Wednesday, February 25th at 3pm

REGISTRATION INFORMATION

Regular registration: $1200
Student/NGO/Government employee registration: $600

Registration fees include:

  *   Admission to the 2-day class
  *   Instructional materials
  *   Breakfasts
  *   Luncheon
  *   Refreshment breaks
  *   Dinner for one evening
  *   Hotel stay for one night (additional nights are available)

To register, please see our registration
page<http://caat.jhsph.edu/programs/workshops/Rev_in_tox101/tox_reg.html>.

We accept credit card or check. Checks should be made out to JHU-CAAT and
mailed to:

JHU – CAAT c/o Jamie DeRita
615 N Wolfe Street, W7032
Baltimore, MD 21205

More information is available on the event page:
http://caat.jhsph.edu/programs/workshops/Rev_in_tox101/index.html.

Registration form is available here:
http://caat.jhsph.edu/programs/workshops/Rev_in_tox101/tox_reg.html.

If you have any questions, please email me
(jderita1@xxxxxxx<mailto:jderita1@xxxxxxx>).

Jamie DeRita-Rodriguez
Johns Hopkins University
Bloomberg School of Public Health
Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing
410-614-4990
http://caat.jhsph.edu
http://altweb.jhsph.edu