[ascct] Upcoming webinar: Developing Confidence in 21st Century Chemical Safety Assessments

  • From: Kristie Sullivan <KSullivan@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ascct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ascct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 17:42:24 -0400

Join us for the next ASCCT member webinar, presented by ASCCT member Dr. Craig
Rowlands. Information on how to join is below. We have cancelled our Fuze
service and are now using Citrix GoToMeeting. Please contact me using the
contact information below if you have trouble accessing the webinar.

What: Developing Confidence in 21st Century Chemical Safety Assessments
Who: Dr. Craig Rowlands, Dow Chemical Company
When: May 22, 2014, 2:00 PM
Advances in high throughput, high content (HT/HC) and computational toxicology
methods have the potential to improve both the efficiency and effectiveness of
chemical safety assessments. However, prior to use, scientific confidence in
these methods and their application should be formally established. A
Scientific Confidence Framework has been developed that when followed affirms
scientifically defensible, fit-for-purpose applications of 21st Century
toxicology methods. The presentation will describe the SCF and illustrate how
it can focus attention on key science policy questions. Challenges and
opportunities in actualizing a tiered  approach for using these  HT/HC
toxicology data in conjunction with exposure information for quantitative
chemical safety assessments will be presented and discussed.

1. Please join my meeting.

https://global.gotomeeting.com/meeting/join/828698101

2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call
in using your telephone.
United States: +1 (213) 493-0622
Access Code: 828-698-101
Meeting ID:828-698-101
GoToMeeting
Online-Meetings made easy

Kristie Sullivan, MPH
ASCCT Secretary
Director, Regulatory Testing Issues
Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
Phone: +1.510.923.9446
Fax: +1.202.527.7435
Mobile: +1.510.853.2291

www.ascctox.org<http://www.ascctox.org>