[ascct] SBIR funding available

  • From: Kristie Sullivan <KSullivan@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ascct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ascct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 14:01:41 -0400

DHHS is requesting proposals for SBIR grants on a variety of topics, including:

004 Assay Development for High-Throughput Screening of Chemicals of
Toxicological Concern
See pages 72-73
Number of anticipated awards: 2-3

http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/SBIRContract/PHS2013-1.pdf

Other topics may also be of interest.

Phase I:  Feasibility; $150,000; 6 months
The objective of Phase I is to determine the scientific or technical
feasibility and commercial merit of the proposed
research or R&D efforts and the quality of performance of the small business
concern, prior to providing further
Federal support in Phase II. Phase I awards normally may not exceed $150,000
for direct costs, indirect costs,
and profit (fixed fee) for a period normally not to exceed 6 months.

Phase II:  Full R/R&D Effort; $1,000,000; 2 years
The objective of Phase II is to continue the research or R&D efforts initiated
in Phase I. Funding shall be based on
the results of Phase I and the scientific and technical merit and commercial
potential of the Phase II proposal.
Phase II awards normally may not exceed $1,000,000 for direct costs, indirect
costs, and profit (fixed fee) for a
period normally not to exceed two years. Phase I contractors will be informed
of the opportunity to apply for
Phase II, if not submitted concurrently with the initial Phase I proposal under
the Fast-Track procedure (described
in Section 5). Only one Phase II award may result from a single Phase I SBIR
contract.

Phase III:  Commercialization stage without SBIR funds
The objective of Phase III, where appropriate, is for the small business
concern to pursue with non-SBIR funds
the commercialization objectives resulting from the outcomes of the research or
R&D funded in Phases I and II.
Phase III may involve follow-on, non-SBIR funded R&D or production contracts
for products or processes
intended for use by the U.S. Government.

Please see the web address above for more details. The proposal deadline is
November 13.

Kristie Sullivan, MPH
Director, Regulatory Testing Issues
Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
5100 Wisconsin Ave NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20016
*Working out of Oakland, CA, USA*
tel +1.510.923.9446