[ascct] Please share: Innovating for Metabolism Challenge

  • From: Kristie Sullivan <KSullivan@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ascct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ascct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 23:32:05 -0500

ASCCT members,

I believe I emailed a news release of this challenge when it was first
announced, but here is more information and some social medial links. Please
share with your networks.

Regards,
Kristie

Dear Computational Toxicology Communities of Practice members,

On January 8, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the National
Institutes of Health’s National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences
(NCATS), and the National Toxicology Program (NTP), headquartered at the
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, launched the Transform Tox
Testing: Innovating for Metabolism Challenge<http://transformtoxtesting.com/>.

As you know, scientists from EPA, NTP and NCATS have been using high-throughput
screening (HTS) assays to evaluate the potential health effects of thousands of
chemicals. The Transform Tox Testing: Innovating for Metabolism Challenge is
calling on innovative thinkers to find new ways to incorporate physiological
levels of chemical metabolism into HTS assays. Since current HTS assays do not
fully incorporate chemical metabolism, they may miss chemicals that are
metabolized to a more toxic form. We are looking for innovative technological
solutions to retrofit these assays to allow both chemicals and their metabolite
products to be evaluated. With your help, we hope to transform chemical testing
methods to make them more relevant to real life and more effective at
predicting health effects. Stage 1 of the challenge closes April 8, 2016.

Please help us spread the word about this challenge to your stakeholders and
other interested groups by sharing, liking and retweeting any of the
information below.

Spread the word about the challenge: Share/like/retweet the ToxTest Challenge
Twitter: https://twitter.com/EPA/status/685594486857138178
EPA news release announcing
challenge:http://yosemite.epa.gov/opa/admpress.nsf/bd4379a92ceceeac8525735900400c27/47c033381e29458585257f3400512470!OpenDocument
…<https://t.co/CB7qyBRG21>
EPA Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EPAresearch/posts/10154033426346412
Challenge Website: http://transformtoxtesting.com/

Thank-you so much,

Monica Linnenbrink
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency/Office of Research and Development
Strategic Communications & Outreach
Phone: 919-541-1522
Mobile: 919-454-8748
Email: Linnenbrink.Monica@xxxxxxx<mailto:Linnenbrink.Monica@xxxxxxx>