[ascct] Re: Next ASCCT webinar: COSMOS: Automated in silico tools for in vitro to in vivo extrapolation

  • From: Kristie Sullivan <KSullivan@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ascct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ascct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 16:15:23 -0400

Dear Colleagues,

I apologize for the copying error in the invitation below. The webinar
description should read:

EURL ECVAM scientists will provide an opportunity to receive the latest
information on computational tools developed by the COSMOS project
(http://www.cosmostox.eu/) within the Seurat 1 cluster
(http://www.seurat-1.eu/). Among these computational tools, the Virtual Cell
Based Assay (VCBA) and Physiologically Based Kinetic (PBK) models that are
representing the fate and ADME of a chemical in a plastic well-plate and in a
body, respectively. We were able to implement these mathematical models into
KNIME workflows (https://www.knime.org/) to provide automated user-friendly
tools for Scientists and Risk Assessors. These automated tools can be used to
extrapolate from in vitro concentration to in vivo human exposure doses or
viceversa, in order to perform a better risk assessment. These tools are based
solely on in vitro and in silico predictions thus promoting the 3Rs approaches.

Mon, April 13, 2015
10:00 AM US Eastern Time

Presenter: Alicia Paini, PhD, European Commission Joint Research Centre

EURL ECVAM scientists will provide an opportunity to receive thegically Based
Kinetic (PBK) models that are re https://www.knime.org/) to provide automated
user-friendly tools for Scientists and Risk Assessors. These automated tools
can be used to extrapolate from in vitro concentration to in vivo human
exposure doses or viceversa, in order to perform a better risk assessment.
These tools are based solely on in vitro and in silico predictions thus
promoting the 3Rs approaches.

 *
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/738732965

 *   You can also dial in using your phone.
United States (Long distance): +1 (646) 749-3122
Access Code: 738-732-965
More phone numbers: https://global.gotomeeting.com/738732965/numbersdisplay.html