Re: [artworks] toggling visibility of layers

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 14:02:06 +0200

In message <be5b79a650.jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> As Martin predicted (27 April 2007):
> "I can imagine that the permanent layer list will make a huge
> difference to everyone who makes serious use of layers."

> I do use layers extensively. Sometimes using 30 ore more, particularly
> with maps. Because of this, increasingly, I wish there were more
> control over the visibility of the layers. Often I would like to see
> the content of a single layer on its own. In order to do this I have
> to turn off the visibility of all the other layers one at a time. It
> would be very useful if it were possible to toggle all the layers to
> invisible. Then I could make an individual layer visible, and then
> toggle all back to visible again.

Yes, good point. That sounds like a very useful feature. It could be
as easy as Shift-clicking on a visibility icon. That would make all
other layers invisible and this layer visible. If the layer was the
only visible layer already it would make all layers visible.

Interestingly, Xara 5 has extra buttons to make all layers
visible/editable, overriding the individual settings, but it does not
offer a way to make all (or all but one) layers invisible in one go.