Re: [artworks] symmetrical bits, combining into one

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 21:15:49 +0100

<55bdc34450.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jim Nagel (lists)  wrote:

> this is incredibly frustratingly exasperatingly fiddly.  isn't there
> some sort of "snap-to"?

> am i going at this entirely the wrong way?

Hi Jim

Here is another way to do it - it is a kludge but it is quick.

with rectangular grid set, draw the cross, and close it.
Now draw one of the fleurs and close it.
Clone the fleur three times, move to cross ends rotating as
appropriate. Select all, group, and make line colour none.

I know its not pretty but it is hard to tell the difference from this
group and a single shape in practice.

John
--
Midland User Group - http://mug.riscos.org
No sé nada, y no estoy incluso seguro de ése.