Re: [artworks] missing fonts -- minor feature request

  • From: Nick K <signwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 20:50:06 GMT

In message <2128b6b950.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Do you mean that FontDirPro only sometimes activates all the fonts?
> This cannot really be an ArtWorks problem because ArtWorks is not
> involved.
unfortunately it is ... The font is activated in FDP but the font/s do
not show in Artworks menu I look in the DrawWorks font menu and the
font/s are available
note: I have not done this recently so may only apply to past versions
of artworks

> Are the fonts that are not activated those used in text areas (as
> opposed to text lines)?
rarely use text areas so not applicable in this case

> If so, then your ArtWorks scanning extension
> in FontDirPro is too old. I once produced an updated utility that
> coped with text areas as well when FontDirPro was 32-bitted, but I
> never saw the final release version, so I am not sure whether it was
> actually released.

> What version of FontDirPro do you use and what is the size and date of
> your copy of !FontFS.FontFS.DocScan.Extensions.ArtWorks?
1128 . 20 June 2003

Nick k