Re: [artworks] deleting unused colours

  • From: Jim Nagel (lists) <jim2.nagel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 19:04:14 GMT

Gavin Crawford  wrote on 21 Jan:
> Copy and paste (ctrl+C / Ctrl+Shift+V) everything into another ArtWorks
> document. Only the colours being used by the objects copied are
> transferred into the new document.

excellent.  thanks, Gavin.  that's a big help.
from trying it, i see i'll have to do each layer separately if i want
to same layer arrangement in new doc, but that's manageable.
(filesize went down from 159K to 130K!)

and good news:  i heard from Paul Reuvers of XAT:
   "Impression-X is still on the cards. Perhaps we should have a
function 'delete unused colours'. At present, as you say, the only way
is to delete them one by one.
   "The same is true for the internal table with font names. ... I
hope to be able to have a 'delete unused fonts' function some day."

the other principal added feature in Publisher+ over Publisher, he
reminds me, is spot colours.

--
>>> no need to reply my entire message back to me ;=]
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk
   Abbey Press   32 Norbins Rd        (01458) 83 3603
   Glastonbury   BA6 9JG         pocket 0797 415 3861