Re: [artworks] What's in a name?

  • From: Brian Carroll <bric@xxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 12:06:01 +0100

In article <c728a9214e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin
Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip]

> So, the option button would be labelled "Coincident" and the
> new feature in ArtWorks 2.6 would be called "coincident
> arrowheads".

I don't think I have actually used arrowheads in Artworks but
the non-coincident effect in Draw has always been an irritation.
 What I can't understand, now you have eliminated the 'problem',
is why anyone would want to retain the original behaviour.  If
not, why the need for a button?

As far as the name is concerned 'Coincident' is accurate if one
knows the background of the topic from earlier releases, but it
would be pretty mysterious, I think, for a newcomer. Exactly
what objects are coincident, they will wonder.

Brian.

Brian Carroll, Ripon, North Yorkshire, UK  bric at f2s dot com