Re: [artworks] Watch this!

  • From: Nick K <signwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 19:28:03 +0100

In message <4f9413cb7ariscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I really don't think Xara would be
> any better than ArtWorks - but I must be honest and say I have never
> used Xara so somebody will probably come back to say I'm wrong.

Xara Pro 4 is simply fantastic to use 3D and photo stitching /
editing, DTP live formatting move the image around and watch the text
repelled by it in real time.  Whilst the standard xtreme has multiple
colours graduation, bevel, contour, tool brush creation .... marble /
wood fills  edge fading, shadow, plug ins like crumple

However for the simpler uses Artworks is still the better editing set
to use - I recently was given a cartoon gif to blow up to to 1300mm
and tried drawing over the lines in Xara but found I could not control
the lines as easy, so went over to artworks to draw/trace it then used
xara to colour it in with plasma and graduation effects

Hmmm - Martin would a plasma fill be easy to implement in Artworks?

nick k