Re: [artworks] Upgrade prices

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 22:32:12 +0200

In message <27d677244e.Ant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Anthony Hilton <ajh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In article <530ce6234e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>    Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> AWRender 2 upgrade:        15 Pounds
>>> ArtWorks 2.5->2.6 upgrade: 15 Pounds
>
> I'd suggest Artworks 2.5->2.6 upgrade: 30 pounds including the
> AWRender 2 upgrade.

Yes, this is what you can now find on the order page, but it is
essentially the same as what I suggested above. You can find the
official prices at:
  http://www.mw-software.com/paying.html
and online ordering buttons at:
  http://www.mw-software.com/paying2.html

> As a special concession to those with AW2.5 who
> want AWRender2 but not AW 2.6 (why-ever not?) you could charge your
> suggested 15 pounds, but their future upgrade to AW 2.6 (or 2.7 ...)
> is still 30 pounds (or whatever ...).

That would not work because you can buy an ArtWorks 2.6 upgrade
without AWRender 2, although I have not provided any online ordering
buttons. An upgrade without AWRender 2 is cheaper and, of course, you
can still get later upgrades at the same price as everyone else.
However, AWRender 2 is probably the most useful thing in the whole
bundle, so it is more likely that someone might want AWRender 2 but
not ArtWorks 2.6 than vice versa.

> That way when you start giving AWRender2 away in future you leave
> fewer people feeling "I paid for that, now he's giving it away :-( "

This is the reason why I have announced from the start that AWRender 2
might become a free download at some stage, so anyone who fears he
might be unhappy about that can decide to not pay and wait. But then,
I made a similar announcement about Gimp-Print two years ago and that
is still not a free download...

> Have you got upgrade pricing from AW 2.4? Presumably the sum of the
> 2.4 > 2.5 and the 2.5 > 2.6 upgrades?

Yes, it is 60 Pounds from 2.4, 80 Pounds from 2.3, 90 Pounds from 2.2
and 100 Pounds from 2.0/2.1.