Re: [artworks] Upgrade prices

  • From: Anthony Hilton <ajh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 20:47:04 +0100

In message <4e23ea821bron.briscoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ron. Briscoe <ron.briscoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <530ce6234e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> AWRender 2 upgrade:        15 Pounds
>> ArtWorks 2.5->2.6 upgrade: 15 Pounds
>
>> So, ArtWorks 2.5 users who want both the AWRender 2 upgrade and the
>> ArtWorks 2.6 upgrade pay 30 Pounds, which used to be the usual upgrade
>> price in the past years.
>
>> Does that sound reasonable? Any thoughts?
>
> AWRender 2 upgrade: 10 Pounds.
> ArtWorks 2.5->2.6 upgrade: 20 Pounds.
> Seems better to me. As I am getting both the price for me is the same.

I'd suggest Artworks 2.5->2.6 upgrade: 30 pounds including the
AWRender 2 upgrade. As a special concession to those with AW2.5 who
want AWRender2 but not AW 2.6 (why-ever not?) you could charge your
suggested 15 pounds, but their future upgrade to AW 2.6 (or 2.7 ...)
is still 30 pounds (or whatever ...). That way when you start giving
AWRender2 away in future you leave fewer people feeling "I paid for
that, now he's giving it away :-( "

Have you got upgrade pricing from AW 2.4? Presumably the sum of the
2.4 > 2.5 and the 2.5 > 2.6 upgrades?

Anthony

--
Anthony Hilton