Re: [artworks] UniPrint Printing Problem

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 17:00:53 +0100

In article <ea0806dc51.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Wuerthner
<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <51dc001746riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Richard Ashbery
>           <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > In article <b4676edb51.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin
> > Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > [snip]

> >> The problem is that "pop-up" !Printers does not set the "File:"
> >> connection of the active printer correctly on start up if there
> >> is an unavailable USB printer. You can check for that by
> >> checking the "Printer control..." list. If it contains a printer
> >> with "USB" connection that is displayed as "Unavailable", then
> >> that entry stops the active printer (usually a different one!)
> >> from being set up correctly on start up.

> > An Interesting Oddity --------------------------

> > Is the information presented by the Connections window reliable?

> Yes.

> > Now after a fresh reboot and with Printers loaded the window
> > reports UniPrintFS:192.168.0.2. However Show Printer$Path reports
> > null:

> > Only when I click the UniPrint icon does Show Printer$Path report
> > the path correctly.

> Yes, that is precisely the bug I described above. !Printers should
> have put the contents of the Connections window into the variable,
> but it does not, so printing does not work.

Ahh - explanation understood - sorry to be so sloooow :-(

> So, do you have any unavailable USB printers in the "Printer
> control" list? NB: They are not shown on the icon bar, just in the
> list.

Yes I do - so these are the culprits. I've deleted all USB printers
having an "Unavailable" status. Now AW printing works without error and
I no longer have to click the UniPrint icon to force the path to be set
- excellent :-))

Thanks Martin for your patience.

Richard