Re: [artworks] UniPrint Printing Problem

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 15:28:59 +0200

In message <51dc001746riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <b4676edb51.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Wuerthner
> <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [snip]

>> The problem is that "pop-up" !Printers does not set the "File:"
>> connection of the active printer correctly on start up if there is
>> an unavailable USB printer. You can check for that by checking the
>> "Printer control..." list. If it contains a printer with "USB"
>> connection that is displayed as "Unavailable", then that entry
>> stops the active printer (usually a different one!) from being set
>> up correctly on start up.

> An Interesting Oddity
> --------------------------

> Is the information presented by the Connections window reliable?

Yes.

> Now after a fresh reboot and with Printers loaded the window reports
> UniPrintFS:192.168.0.2. However Show Printer$Path reports null:

> Only when I click the UniPrint icon does Show Printer$Path report the
> path correctly.

Yes, that is precisely the bug I described above. !Printers should
have put the contents of the Connections window into the variable, but
it does not, so printing does not work.

So, do you have any unavailable USB printers in the "Printer control"
list? NB: They are not shown on the icon bar, just in the list.