Re: [artworks] Transparent background

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:43:31 +0100

In article <202167c24f.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Wuerthner
<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4fc07d9e99kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Kell
>           <kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> That is the official method for achieving what you want and I
> cannot see any problems here. If you set the page background to
> the correct colour it should blend perfectly into that colour even
> when saved with "Masked background". You need to remember though
> that you should use 256 colours and an optimized palette,
> otherwise, the GIF might not be able to render the required
> shades. If you use something like web safe colours, for instance
> (completely obsolete nowadays), then you limit the choice of
> colours and the light greys might well be replaced by white.

> If that method does not work, please let me see the file and the
> resulting GIF.

Works a treat Martin as I am sure Kell will find. The idea of using
InterGif/Paint just seemed incredibly complicated to get AW masked
text into a webpage with a grey background without anti-aliasing
artifacts.

The key is to set the correct Paper colour in Choices > Page setup.
The sample icon can still be used to obtain the background colour of
the webpage.

Regards

Richard