Re: [artworks] Transparent background

  • From: Tim Hill <smartgroups@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 12:24:08 +0100

In article <4fc175a766kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kell
<kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 19 Jul, Tim Hill <smartgroups@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Any ideas?

> > You could instead save a sprite of the blue text against a grey
> > rectangle and use Intergif to then select the grey as the background
> > colour and create a transparent GIF. I found this solution when
> > getting as frustrated as you.  ;-)

> Yes, but how do you find out which is the right colour to be the
> backgound? If you load it as a sprite then you can see which colour
> number is the background, but I don't know how to do the same with a
> GIF: therefore it's a bit hit and miss.

Intergif !Help says:

(Hint: to find out what pixel-value a sprite pixel has,
    load the sprite into Paint, ensure its palette window is
    showing, click Menu over the pixel you want, and choose
    "Paint->Select colour".)

And it's true!

--
Tim Hill,

www.timil.com

... "To thine own self be true; and it must follow, as the night the day, thou
can'st not then be false to any man" Hamlet, Act i, Sc.3