Re: [artworks] Text not appearing in PDF export

  • From: Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 23:18:28 +0100

In message <4e35b94025gatherer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Nigel Gatherer <gatherer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <e94fb4354e.markee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    <mark.stephens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In message <896691354e.Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Chris
> >           Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > The numbers don't appear in any PDF reader I've tried: !PDF, GView,
> > > RiScript, the built-in displayer on a Mac (which is GhostScript, I
> > > think), Adobe Acrobat and Illustrator on a PC. They also don't turn
> > > up in a text export from the PDF file.
>
> > The Mac uses a program called Preview to display PDFs and other
> > images. It lacks certain features (ie forms) so Acrobat Reader is the
> > best bet if you use the Mac.
>
> I can confirm that Acrobat is a better bet than Preview. Preview is
> faster, but not everything displays properly.

We don't have Acrobat on the Mac; Preview has been fine so far, and
offers a test-bed not otherwise available.

I thought I'd remembered reading that the PDF part of Preview was based
on GhostScript (and similarly, the OS X printing system appears to be
GimpPrint). Probably misremembering though... off-topic, too :-/

Best, Chris

--
*** Chris & Lee's Photodesk tutorials, tips and resources
*** http://www.photodesk.iconbar.com