Re: [artworks] Text area justification

  • From: Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:22:20 +0100

In message <198c4c044f.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <60214b044f.Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> What I wanted was a continuous block of text in the black area,
>> completely filling it with words running from one line to another.

> Precisely - simply because this is rarely ever useful.

True -- I can't recall ever wanting the feature before.

>> I think I'm going to have to do it manually, with text-lines and
>> kerning. Or just give up -- I might have decided the effect wasn't
>> right anyway once I'd seen what it looked like ;-)

> You can actually achieve the effect you want rather easily in ArtWorks
> (and OvationPro), even including micro-justification. All you need to
> do is type a space after the first capital letter, apply 1pt font size
> to the space, copy it, then paste it after each capital letter. Apply
> full justification to the lot and you are done.

Ahh, that's very cunning :-)  Took a few minutes, but here's the
result:

  http://www.vermilionsands.eu/etc/booksale2.zip

Perfect! Many thanks.

>> An oddity: NetSurf (28 Jun) will not render the file properly -- none
>> of the text in the black area shows up. I have the latest AWRender and
>> support modules (5 Jul), which does display it properly. NS problem?

> Yes. That is easy to verify: If you drag the file to any other
> application that supports ArtWorks files (e.g., OvationPro), it is
> displayed correctly. So, NetSurf is not using the ArtWorks rendering
> modules correctly.

OK. After checking with the latest NS I'll report it.

Thanks again!

Best, Chris

--
*** Chris & Lee's Photodesk tutorials, tips and resources
*** http://www.photodesk.iconbar.com *** New tiles!