Re: [artworks] Text area justification

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:24:47 +0200

In message <fc68d3034f.Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In text areas, is there a way to turn off word-wrap justification? So
> that the text runs on from one line to another, I mean. The choice
> seems limited to left, right, centred and full, with no way to turn
> off justification completely.

That does not make any sense. A line of text is always justified in
some way or other and it is very hard to come up with any other useful
alternatives apart from left, right, centred and full.

> The only way that I've found is to replace all spaces with hard
> spaces, which is usable but not ideal (being rather tiresome to do,
> given the lack of search/replace ... yes, I could export, but then I'd
> lose all the formatting).

Ah, I suspect you are really talking about word wrapping and not about
justification at all. You effectively want to stop the text from
wrapping at spaces. If so, then yes, the way you suggested (using hard
spaces instead of normal spaces) is the only way to do it. I am not
aware of any word processor that has a specific function to not wrap
at spaces and hyphens.