Re: [artworks] Some more ArtWorks 2.9 features

  • From: Michael Gerbracht <smartmails@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 22:34:40 +0200

In article <f01c094f50.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    * Alpha mask export: flat and graduated transparency
>      information can be included in exported sprite and PNG
>      bitmaps. This allows exported bitmaps to blend into any
>      background.

Will the option to export Sprites with alpha mask also apply when you do not
use transparency? This may sound strange, but I am thinking about round
objects. If you export a circle as icon, only 34 x 34 or so then the edges do
not look good at the moment. I guess this is because usually you would need
antialiasing to the background colour. Can this be replaced by different
transparency levels which will then fade automatically to any background? As
I understand currently you have the option to save with one level of
transparency - will there be another option to include full alpha mask?

Anyway, I am looking forward to the 2.9 upgrade ;-)

Thanks,
Michael