Re: [artworks] Shape info?

  • From: Simon Smith <simon_smith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 00:35:11 GMT

In message <9fb260b94e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <fa3261b94e.zen44412@xxxxxxxxx>
>           Simon Smith <simon_smith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The only 'info' functions which are currently working for me are "Line info"
> > and "Shape info". (Select object, Shift-F1.) What's happened to Ellipse
> > info, Rounded rectangle info, Polygon info, Blend info etc.?
>
> These are not there because they are not necessary. You can view and
> edit all the properties of these objects in their respecitve tool's
> Info Bar.

<snip>

> So, to sum it up: Object info dialogue boxes are only there for path
> objects, groups, sprites, JPEGs and text areas.

Oh, OK, thank you. Slight quibble, though: what about shape area and
perimeter? I admit I can't imagine needing the perimeter of a stellated
octogon with curved internal corners, but I think it's slightly odd that a
hand-drawn rectangle gets this information, while an ArtWorks-generated one
does not.

Simon Smith
--
Have you heard of the International Obfuscated Perl Code Competition? Each
contestant is shown ten Perl programs - five that have been written normally