Re: [artworks] Scaling a circle to grid lock

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 16:38:36 +0100

> Try using the elipse tool and setting the radius as you want.

> I used this method to get a set of 10 concentric rings:
> Create first circle
> Clone it and modify the radius of the clone to the next size

Do you mean switch to Scale tool and drag on any corner handle to
resize the clone - I would agree that this works but to make the gap
between each concentric circle to be say exactly 1mm is next to
impossible without lock-to-grid.

> Clone that one and repeat

I think I've found a way to make concentric circles with identical
gaps between each........

Use the Circular grid option with Show grid, Lock-to-grid and set grid
origin to centre. From centre draw circle - then another concentric
circle but larger - continue to draw further circles as required. The
snap-to-grid works creating an identical gap between each. Be aware
circles don't actually line up with the actual grid but that can be
corrected by selecting all circles and using the Scale tool to resize
them onto the grid.

Thanks for all your ideas.

Richard