Re: [artworks] SVG export in Art Works

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 15:54:42 +0100

On 6 Jul at 14:33, Ned Abell <nedabell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 06 Jul, Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>

PS: I know I have yet to test compatibility on Windows machines,
but that is the next step after doing Mac machines. It will
require a collaborator as I have no Windows machines left, not
even on an emulator.

Carried out a quick check on an AW SVG file (containing Replicates)
by sending to Windows 7 and Firefox displays it.
You might try Inkscape (cross platform) as an interim and see if it
helps?

Yes, Inkscape has no problem with these artworks-created files.

Inkscape is invaluable in getting a SVG file from the web into ArtWorks
by way of changing it first to PDF.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe tim@xxxxxxxxx
for a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/