Re: [artworks] Preview of new arrowheads

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 20:50:02 +0200

In message <e55de9234e.eddie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Eddie Lord <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <e2f1e1234e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote thus:
>
>> If you would like to see the (preliminary) feature list of ArtWorks
>> 2.6 including a preview of the new arrowheads, please go to:
>>   http://www.mw-software.com/software/artworks/aw2features9.html
>
> Looking good - and now for my next idea...
>
> How about arrows automatically placed in the middle of the line.
>
> Ideal for maths type drawings - parallel lines etc.
> eg
> -----------||------------
> or
> ---------->>------------
>
> Well you get the idea:-)

Not quite, at least I cannot recall having seen such a notation for
parallel lines. I can imagine uses for having an arrow in the middle
of a line though (i.e., more precisely, in the middle of the
first/last line segment in case of a start/end arrow). The current
structure would allow that to be added quite easily.

If such an option was offered, it would look more like:

I.e., the line would continue under the "arrowheads". I cannot see how
you would do anything like you suggested above:
because we do not have an arrowhead with two parallel lines. If you
used the existing "perpendicular line" start *and* end arrows with the
"middle" option on a single line, they would just end up on top of
each other because the "middle" of the line is the same seen from the
start and the end.