Re: [artworks] Parameters not recognised

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 10:40:26 +0200

In message <c9d7fd7b50.ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 16 Jul 2009 Martin Wuerthner wrote:

>> The above error message can only be caused by problems running a
>> helper application to convert to the requested output format. If that
>> is the case, then you will not see it when selecting 16 million colour
>> sprite output or TIFF output because ArtWorks does these directly
>> without calling any other program. So, I presume you have not tried
>> those formats?

> I tried sprite, GIF and TIFF - all output by !T_Spr, and 256 and 32k
> colours, nut not 16M.

Both 32k sprites and TIFF files are output directly by ArtWorks
without calling any other program, so I cannot imagine you could get a
"parameters" error. Are you certain it happens for those formats?

> Incidentally when AW loads it now produces a message like "Filing
> system or path 'DFS' not present", but it doesn't seem to matter.

Yes, this is a known problem. It is caused by a buglet in RISC OS 6.
It is fixed in more recent versions of ArtWorks.