Re: [artworks] Parameters not recognised

  • From: Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 18:48:22 +0100

On 16 Jul 2009 Martin Wuerthner wrote:

> In message <0426c97b50.ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I am having a problem when exporting a design as a bitmap. I just get
>> the error "parameters not recognised" whatever that means. This
>> applies whatever format I select. I have selected a specific output
>> size equivalent to a resolution of 175 dpi.

> Which version of ArtWorks would that be?

It's 1.7d.

>> There's also a problem with printing to a PostScript file. The
>> resulting file cannot be processed by Ghostscript or by Preview on a
>> Mac. The drawing uses a custom page size of 3098 x 2030px.

>> If I select a standard page size (A2) I am able to print to PS.

> Yes, this is a known problem with the PS driver. You need to know how
> to setup non-standard paper sizes.

> But then, why would you want to do anything with PostScript? Why not
> use direct PDF export, which is far superior?

Because I haven't got the latest upgrade, because I make so little use
of Artworks and it gets a bit expensive to keep up with all the
upgrades. Just now and again there's something I need it for. In fact
I got by by using the larger paper size and cropping the image later,
but AI export was also OK.

Richard
--
 _