Re: [artworks] PDF stuff

  • From: Kell <kell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 16:47:23 +0000 (GMT)

On 04 May, Stuart Murden <sgmurden@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Stating the obvious again.

> If the text stuff can be sorted Artworks moves from being not just a
> vector graphics programme to being additionally a PDF editing
> application.

I believe however there may be a permissions problem: maybe Martin can
comment on this.

As I understand, it is possible to save a PDF without editing permissions.
And a good thing too! It means that you can create a legal contract and
send it to someone for signature, and they would not be able to alter the
document after the event. They can print it, view it, do everything except
change it. Thus I could create a piece of artwork, "sign" it, and the
signature would remain forever.

I don't know where Artworks stands on this. Personally, I think it would
be great if AW ignored the setting, however I'm sure there are ethical
matters involved.

Martin?

--
Kell Gatherer