Re: [artworks] PDF: When black isn't really black

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 12:00:52 +0200

In message <4460637A.4020503@xxxxxxxx>
          Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But I'd like to ask about another CMYK "issue" ...
>
> If I export an AW2 file in Illustrator 3 format (with "Simulate CMYK
> inks" ticked), when I load that file into Illustrator CS2 I get a
> warning: "The document does not have an embedded CMYK profile". Is this
> expected behaviour?

I am very surprised that Illustrator CS2 still imports the file at
all. Yes, of course, the file does not have a CMYK profile, that kind
of thing was not around in an EPS format designed in 1990.

I presume you know that Illustrator CS2 can import PDF? I cannot
imagine any reason why one would use the 15 year old extremely limited
Illustrator 3 export that does not even support the most basic
ArtWorks features when you can use state-of-the-art PDF export that
supports even very advanced ArtWorks features.