Re: [artworks] PDF: When black isn't really black

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 10:40:10 +0100

Philip Pemberton wrote:

Hi,
  I've just tried exporting some AW drawings in PDF format, and for some
reason black (CMYK 0:0:0) is coming up as a dark grey in Adobe Reader.

[snip]

Doesn't happen here. But what I do notice is that if an AW2 *drawing* is exported as PDF, when the file is viewed in RiScript 5.02 unwanted "white space" appears along the top and right hand sides of the drawing. The white space is not visible when the file is viewed in Acrobat 7, so I assume the problem lies with RiScript

But I'd like to ask about another CMYK "issue" ...

If I export an AW2 file in Illustrator 3 format (with "Simulate CMYK inks" ticked), when I load that file into Illustrator CS2 I get a warning: "The document does not have an embedded CMYK profile". Is this expected behaviour?

(n.b. It's not a problem, because there's an option to assign a CMYK profile to the document in Illustrator)
--
Clive Bonsall
AW 2.57, AWRender 1.76