Re: [artworks] PDF: When black isn't really black

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 12:00:15 +0100

Samuel Kock wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Clive Bonsall" <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> To: <artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:37 PM Subject: Re: [artworks] PDF: When black isn't really black

Martin Wuerthner wrote:

In message <4460637A.4020503@xxxxxxxx>
Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I presume you know that Illustrator CS2 can import PDF? I cannot imagine any reason why one would use the 15 year old extremely limited Illustrator 3 export that does not even support the most basic ArtWorks features when you can use state-of-the-art PDF export that supports even very advanced ArtWorks features.

Yes, I was aware that CS2 can import PDF ... but AFAICS you can't edit an imported (PDF) drawing, which makes the CS2 PDF import facility of limited use to me. Any chance of an improved Illustrator exporter for AW2?

Uhm, yes you can edit an imported PDF! > Samuel

Well, you might have told me how. It's just taken me 30 seconds to work it out ... Object>Flatten transparency first, then it works. Perhaps it's time to buy a manual for CS2 -- all this trial and error stuff is doing my head in ;)

Thanks (to you and Martin) for putting me straight ... I'll take back what I said about the need for an improved Illustrator importer for AW2.
--
Clive Bonsall
C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx