Re: [artworks] New arrowheads

  • From: Eddie Lord <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 09:57:46 +0100

In message <be7c72224e.philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Philip Pemberton <philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote thus:

> In message <f7144a224e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Yes, why not? With the changes I have just made it is so easy to add
>> new arrowheads - somehow I feel I cannot stop. ;-)

[snip]

> Admittedly ArtWorks isn't really suited as a CAD package, but sometimes it's
> useful to be able to provide measurement details in the drawing. Scale
> drawings are the thing that immediately springs to mind - draw a square 2cm
> by 2cm, but the real thing is 20cm by 20cm and you want to make that clear.

A scaling feature is something that I would find particularly useful.
Whilst I agree AW is not a CAD program, drawing simple scale diagrams
is a very useful feature to me. So to be able to enter the wingspan of
an aircraft and have a line scaled to 1/144 (say) would be nice.

--
Best Regards
Eddie