Re: [artworks] New arrowheads

  • From: Philip Pemberton <philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 22:36:14 +0100

In message <f7144a224e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, why not? With the changes I have just made it is so easy to add
> new arrowheads - somehow I feel I cannot stop. ;-)

Is there any way for users to add new arrowheads, or do they have to be
compiled into AW?
It would be pretty neat to have a 'library' of arrowheads that can be defined
as per user requirements, but probably pretty hard to implement. I suspect at
the very minimum it would need a file format extension to allow the custom
arrowheads to be stored with the file.

I'd like to second the request for the "measurement" arrowheads, i.e.:

   \ |
---->|
   / |

and

-----|

Admittedly ArtWorks isn't really suited as a CAD package, but sometimes it's
useful to be able to provide measurement details in the drawing. Scale
drawings are the thing that immediately springs to mind - draw a square 2cm
by 2cm, but the real thing is 20cm by 20cm and you want to make that clear.

Also saves fishing out a ruler - in my experience, those things seem to
disappear. Much like pens, pencils and other stationery, actually.. :)

--
Phil.                         | Kitsune: Acorn RiscPC SA202 64M+6G ViewFinder
philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx         | Cheetah: Athlon64 3200+ A8VDeluxeV2 512M+100G