Re: [artworks] New arrowheads

  • From: "Andrew Conroy" <a.m.conroy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 17:01:35 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, May 4, 2006 3:42 pm, Martin Wuerthner wrote:
> While we are discussing the name for the new arrowhead option I
> noticed that while working on the arrowheads this might be a good time
> to add new ones as well.
>
> In the medium term I would like to add user-defined arrowheads, which
> should not be too difficult, but it will not make it into 2.6. It
> might be a nice bonus to have at least a few nice new arrowheads in
> ArtWorks 2.6 (and the associated AWRender).
>
> So, if anyone has an arrowhead they would like to see in the new
> version, please send it to me until midday tomorrow. Any single shape
> object (that includes several shapes that have been joined) can act as
> an arrowhead though it had better be not too complex. The definition
> can be drawn at any size and should be "pointing" right (i.e.,
> suitable for the end of a horizontal line going from left to right).

I'd suggest a few of the arrowheads from eg. the Selwyn font, in
particular chars 212, 213, 226 and 228. It might also be handy to be able
to end the line in a dot to use for certain labeling of diagrams. As a
further suggestion, maybe an arrow finishing in a vertical line for eg.
dimensions

Sorry, being at work at the moment, I can't send drawings.

Just my 2p worth.

Andrew

--
Andrew Conroy