Re: [artworks] NFS import/export

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 13:47:26 +0200

In message <52a65efd9cnedabell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ned Abell <nedabell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
> If I open a Sunfish NFS mount containing pdfs and native
> Artworks files saved on my Ubuntu box and drag a /pdf directly
> over to Artworks on the RISCPC I get:
> "Error: Couldn't open file
> 'Sunfish::ubuntudesktopned/home/ned.$.Richard.House.044lh202pd/pdf""

And is that exactly the name of the file as it appears in the title
bar when you drag the file to Edit, Zap or StrongEd?

> If I copy it to the RISC OS filing system and then drag it in
> it loads.
> However If I drag an Artworks file from Ubuntu across the
> network it loads directly into Artworks.

> Going the other way I can also export directly as an Artworks
> file back to the Ubuntu box but if I export as a pdf then the
> error returns.

> So Artworks works both ways, PDF doesnt.

I cannot reproduce this problem. I use Sunfish, too, and ArtWorks
imports and exports PDF files directly from/to Sunfish mounts, so this
is not a general problem. Maybe some local configuration issue? I use
Sunfish 2.05, by the way (RISC OS 5.18).

> Theres obviously a simple explanation to why the image filing
> system is working this way but its very frustrating having to
> do intermediate "saves".

I do not think it is as simple as that.

What happens when you change the local disc name of the mount to
something less bulky (in particular, something without slashes?),
e.g., NedUbuntu? (Edit export => Name export... in the menu over the
share in the Browse... window)